10 Basic Principles
to help you get your stuff in order.
1. The things you use the most should be in the easiest to access location.
2. If something needs repair and you haven’t done it in the last 1-2 years, let it go (or give yourself 30 days from now to get it done).
3. Stop saving stuff for other people. (Forgive me for repeating myself, but “No response is a response.”)
4. Put like things together so you can determine if you have too much of the same thing. (think T-shirts, socks, towels, sheets)
5. When in doubt, leave it out… especially when it comes to shopping.
6. Once something has a home, take the extra minute to put it back in its home right away. (If a task takes less than 2 minutes to complete, just do it right away before you get distracted again).
7. Clothes that don’t fit shouldn’t be taking up room in your closet. If you can’t part with them, pack them up, label them and store in a less utilized area of your home.
8. Pick your clothes out the night before.
9. Set small goals so you can feel proud of yourself – 5 minutes of decluttering is better than no minutes of decluttering!
10. If your quality of life is affected by clutter and disorganization, get help.
Ebay Item of the Month
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyable, faster and easier!