- Try to delete retail emails and recycle catalogs.
- Beware of Facebook ads selling you ‘must have’ products.
- Adopt the attitude of “Ignorance is bliss” or “What you don’t see won’t hurt you.”
- Shop around your home to uncover previously purchased gifts that may have been put in a ‘special place’ and be gifted this year instead.
- Before you automatically say “yes” to a new item, pause for a moment or two (or even 24 hours) and make sure that you have room for this item.
- Consider clutter-less gifts to family and friends – personal services like free errands, massages, pet sitting certificates, admission tickets to fun places in town and charitable gifts in honor of others.
- Now that you are receiving mass quantities of mail each day – take a moment or two every day to toss junk mail immediately, toss the charity requests that you aren’t going to support and save only 1 request per charity so you have less to deal with when you make your donations.
Ebay Item of the Month
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyable, faster and easier!