Quote of the Month
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”
What caught my attention most about this quote was that gratitude can turn what we have into enough. So many of us acquire ‘stuff’ and the reality is that most of us really have enough. Really. Being grateful for what we DO have. Believing that we have enough. And most importantly that WE are enough. Here’s to a daily “attitude of gratitude.”
A great big “WELCOME!” to all of our new subscribers this month. Thanks for joining us – it’s really great to have you with us.
APP of the MONTH
There are many, many APPS out there and every once in awhile, I find one that I actually understand and can use. Such is the case with CALM.COM.
If you have ever thought about meditating but didn’t have the patience or the willingness to try it, check out CALM.COM. It teaches you how to meditate and my favorite is the 2 minute option. They have longer meditations, but to me, 2 minutes is better than 0 minutes and you gotta start somewhere! And, the free version can last you a long, long time.
And, in case you were wondering, you don’t have to sit like the ‘yoga girl’ in the picture. You can sit in a comfy chair or on the sofa or anywhere you want!
A Hunting We Will Go, A Hunting We Will Go…
I am not talking about hunting wildlife… I’m talking about treasure hunting in your own home.
Recently, Aim 4 Order has been eBaying up a storm for our clients. Talk about instant gratification – to receive a nice check for items that are just sitting around the house and not getting any attention – now that’s a treat!
Here’s a sampling of what we’ve eBayed recently:
• A collection of Portmeirion China – typically china is NOT a big seller anymore, especially any china with gold or silver on it – but there is a huge following of Portmeirion collectors out there and every single piece sold…and there were well over 100 pieces.
• A collection of high end purses – all in perfect condition – so it made the selling very easy. Again, every single purse sold and there were dozens.
• A collection of gorgeous fountain pens – one more exquisite than the other. Who knew that people would pay hundreds of dollars for one pen?
• 300 bicentennial quarters – face value of $75 but sold for $130. Sweet return.
So enough about other people – what treasures are in YOUR home? What collection are you ready to part with so that others can enjoy it and you can get some money?
Do you know how to use eBay? If not, Aim 4 Order is happy to do it for you and all you have to do is ask. If you know how to eBay, try it yourself today!
Do you prefer selling locally? Craigs’ List is still a wonderful option. We recently sold a drum set in one day and the buyer happily paid the asking price.
So take a moment and start your treasure hunt today. Find one thing that you can think of to sell. And if you don’t care about selling, then think of one item that you can donate – remember that you can still benefit on your taxes by donating something of value.
Stay Sane During the Holidays
It’s already starting – the sales – the songs – the catalogues – the charitable requests. Stop the madness. And here’s how:
• Recycle the catalogues as soon as they come. Don’t worry – they’ll send another.
• Decide if you want to support the charity WHEN the solicitation comes. If you aren’t sure, recycle it and I assure you that you’ll probably be asked again so tossing it today does not mean you’ll NEVER give to that charity.
• Make a shopping list of who you needs a gift. Then go to the “Gifts to Give” section of your home and shop there first. As soon as you find a gift, label it and check the person off your list. Carry the list with you everywhere.
• Post and say this mantra to yourself each day – “I will buy just enough this year instead of too much.”
Happy Holiday Season!
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move more enjoyably, faster and easier!