Tips & Tricks: September 2016
Learn how to organize family pictures, meet the organizer event, virtual organizing and more valuable insights.
Save the Date!
Fun with Pictures
The “inch by inch” quote is a favorite of mine. Life can be so overwhelming if we think too far ahead. Staying in the present and trying to focus on only what’s in front of us right now can prevent major stress.
Designate a temporary workspace in your home that is visible and allows you to spread out. When your project is visible, you’re more likely to remain focused on completion.
Photo organizers don’t count photos – they measure or weigh them! A one inch stack of photos is approximately 100 photos, six to seven pounds of photos are about 1000 – 1200 photos.
Tackle your digital photo collection first. Your images may be at greater risk than your printed photo collection if you don’t have sufficient backups in place.
Virtual Organizing with Cindy
Benefits of Virtual Organizing
- If you live in an area where there are no organizers, you can have instant access to a professional.
- Some people have a hard time working for longer periods of time. With virtual organizing, you can schedule a one hour session – less time, less money, still great results.
- Some people are very embarrassed by the condition of their home. Virtual organizing allows you to control what is seen by an outsider.
- With virtual organizing, you will be describing what you see and in return, get very specific instruction on next steps. The learning takes place by doing it on your own.
- If you have a limited budget and many hours of organizing are needed, you can find someone locally to assist you with the physical labor and I can teach both of you how to organize the space.
- If you are a “Do it Yourself” kind of person, a one hour session will have you off and running. Follow up sessions can be scheduled as needed, along with an accountability system to keep you on track.
- If you have an unusual schedule, virtual organizing sessions can be held at your convenience and not necessarily during ‘normal business hours.’
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyable, faster and easier!