http://aim4order.accessyourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/target-300x3001.jpg 300 300 Cindy Bernstein http://aim4order.accessyourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/aim4order-logo-small-300x100.jpg Cindy Bernstein2016-04-25 09:05:382016-07-06 23:18:05Tips & Tricks: April 2016
“It’s not information overload, It’s filter failure.”
Please answer the following questions:
- Do you find yourself getting excited when you hear about something new to learn about?
- Do you save publications that have interesting covers, hoping to read the articles inside?
- Do you print things from the internet so you can read them later?
- Do you savor recommendations from others about places to travel, things to buy, places to eat, movies to watch, books to read, new strategies to try?
- Do you save all of the above mentioned items but then rarely get to read them or even find them?
If you answered yes to #5 and a few of the other questions, I’m afraid you might be an Information Junkie. It’s the new term I created a few weeks ago and it seems to apply to a lot of my clients. There are worse ailments in the world and it’s quite a charming attribute HOWEVER – big HOWEVER – if the volume of paper is making your life unmanageable and causing you stress, it’s not so charming.
So let’s take an objective look around and see what is in YOUR “To Read” pile(s).
- What kinds of things are stacked about and are you able to get any of this on the internet or checked out of the library or done via a google search?
- If you said “NO” to reading something, would your quality of life be diminished in any way?
Remember that feeling overwhelmed is a huge part of why paper piles accumulate. How can you decrease the volume of self-imposed ‘have to reads’ in your life?
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move….more enjoyable, faster and easier!
Cindy Bernstein, Owner and Professional Organizer