Whenever you make a change in your life, good or bad, there are side effects. The side effects that come from getting organized can be like a huge weight being lifted from your shoulders.
Here are some of benefits of being organized:
- You feel more relaxed and calm. Clutter is a major cause of stress in your life. Eliminate the clutter and that will help eliminate some of the anxiety you feel.
- Look around your home and notice that you have so much more space. The clutter was filling closets, shelves and drawers. Once some stuff has been removed, it’s easier to use that space the way it was intended.
- You feel more in control. Clutter can make you feel overwhelmed and helpless. Once it’s not there any more, you feel like you can achieve anything.
- You become more punctual and reliable to those who matter to you. Knowing where your keys are when it’s time to leave saves time. Being able to put your hands on paperwork when you need it is helpful too. You grab what you need and you’re out the door.
- You have more time to do the things that are important to you. When you spend less time searching for things, that frees up time for more fun.
- Confidence is rising! You did this, you can do more. You’ll experience increased focus on priorities because you are not spending time spinning your wheels.
- Not getting charged late fees is another plus because you can easily locate your bills. That leads to you saving money. Knowing where everything is stops you from buying duplicates. And there is a chance you may even find cash that was stashed somewhere and forgotten.
- Provide a good example for your kids. Show them you can do anything once you put your mind to it.
- When you do have an emergency, you are better equipped to deal with it. Challenges are not as stressful as they once were.
Set some goals, make a list and start with something small. You can get organized and stay on top of it. If you need help, contact me and I can help you get going.