Decluttering the Empty Nest
Quote of the Month
So how long do you have to keep your kids’ stuff?
- If you’re overwhelmed by the volume of stuff that’s been accumulating over the years, then that’s your clue that you can take decisive action to downsize and declutter the contents.
- If you smile lovingly at how the room looks and know that you can use it as a guest room in a pinch or that your child can still sleep there when they’re in town, your work is done. Go read a book.
Back to the overwhelmed folks –
- Is there any trash in the room that you can easily pitch?
- Are there any clothes from early childhood that you know you can give away?
- Are there old magazines and books that you can bravely recycle or give away?
- Are there old photographs that you can gather in a box and put on the top shelf of the closet?
- Are you WILLING to text your child and ask permission to get rid of whatever you find annoying?
Ebay Item of the Month
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyable, faster and easier!