Do it yourself organizing
Do It Yourself Organizing
- Decide which room in the house upsets you the most.
- Pick one small area to tackle in one sitting.
- Sort ‘like things together’ and toss/recycle/donate the items that you no longer use/need or have way too many of (think extra bags, pens, socks…depends what room you’re in)
- Decide what items you definitely need to keep in the area due to frequent use.
- Relocate anything that you don’t use often…think top shelves or more remote areas but if you’re afraid you’ll forget where you put it, make a ‘cheat sheet’ to tape on the inside of a cabinet in the room where you used to keep it.
- Shop around your home to see if you already have storage containers or organizing products BEFORE you buy anything new.
- Bag/box anything that’s trash, recycle or give away.
- Schedule time in your calendar to get rid of what you no longer need.
- Celebrate by doing something fun for yourself (except for impulse shopping).
Got Stuff to Sell?
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.