Get some strategies and advice about stopping over-shopping and other tips in this issue of Tips and Tricks.
Quote of the Month
Pre-Season Shopping Strategies
- Wait at least 24 hours to buy something – take the time to evaluate if you really, really need to buy it. If you wait 24 hours and it still feels like a necessity, at least you know you didn’t make an impulse purchase.
- Avoid stores where you have succumbed to buying more than you intended (take a look at your Gifts to Give pile and you’ll know where to avoid).
- Spend some time making an inventory of what you currently have gift-wise in your home.
- Make a list of every person you ‘need’ to buy a gift for and compare it with your inventory of what you already have.
- Add a dollar amount to what you want to spend per person and challenge yourself to stick within the budget you created.
- Look for EXPERIENCE gifts rather than physical objects that can increase other people’s clutter. Think about a trip to the Zoo or Aquarium verses a stuffed dolphin or bear.
And most importantly, try to enjoy the visual displays of decorations and gifts and maybe even take a picture with your phone. If you can avoid over-shopping, you will not only be proud of yourself, you can use the extra money on whatever YOU want to experience!
Ebay Item of the Month
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyable, faster and easier!