The do’s and don’ts of the organized life.
- Bring something new into your home without getting rid of something old.
- Save magazines. Recycle them – but tear out articles you want to read.
- Save large school projects. Take pictures instead.
- Let paper build up on countertops. Assign everyone their own file or shelf.
- Display things you don’t like. Don’t let guilt cause your home to be cluttered.
- Be hard on yourself — new habits take time to become routine.
- Take baby steps — declutter one drawer a day.
- Open the mail by the recycle box.
- Toss old phone books and maps.
- Use on line bill pay.
- Toss or donate shoes you haven’t worn in 2 years.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and gather items to toss or donate.