Tips and Tricks, November 20
“Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.”
-Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Black Friday Tips & Tricks
Promise not to kill me, but I only have one Tip & Trick for Black Friday and some of you may have already guessed what I’m going to say…..STAY HOME and STAY OFF THE COMPUTER!
It’s become kind of a tradition that I mention Black Friday in each November issue because so many of my beloved readers love to shop, love to select fun things for friends, family members, neighbors, nice people they meet along life’s way and/or for themselves. This year, there is an even better reason to avoid Black Friday – Covid 19.
But, for the sake of tradition, I’ll review why it’s better to stay home.
- You can spend the time shopping in your own home – see if you can uncover all the gifts you’ve bought over the years that have never made it to the proper person.
- Look at unwrapped gifts you may have received and never used – perhaps they might be able to be tactfully regifted to someone else.
- Practice safe living by avoiding the human contact of other shoppers who are in the stores.
- Restrain from shopping on line on Black Friday. It’s WAY too temping to buy things you really don’t need OR have room for!
- Enjoy a day of no ‘should-ing’ yourself. Just relax, read, nap, declutter a drawer or call an old friend.
Got Stuff to Sell?
Let us eBay your items.
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.