The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Remember when you said that you’d tackle a particular task on ‘the next snow day’ or ‘the next rainy day’ or the next whatever? It’s not too late!!
What “something” can you do now?
If I had $1 for every time I heard someone say they were going to tackle large decluttering/organizing projects on ‘the next snow day’ – I’d have a whole lot of dollars!!
We actually had a real snow day recently and I wondered who was able to actually tackle long awaited projects. I know that I didn’t have much to show on my snow day other than shoveling!
Before Winter ends and before our Spring gardeners are off and running, what ‘something’ can you do NOW so that you:
- feel more comfortable having friends or family over,
- spend less time feeling guilty about what you ‘should’ be doing
- feel proud of yourself
- create more peace in your home
Just in case you need some ideas, here’s a few:
- Dig out some old boxes of pictures and see what you can toss or share with others.
- Go through a file cabinet and get rid of expired insurance policies, investment brochures and other generic literature that is outdated.
- Go through your medical file and toss appointment reminders, brochures, post op instructions and directions to doctors’ offices.
- Go through your sock drawer and toss the ones you no longer wear. Let go of your orphan socks.
- Look at your bookshelves and consider letting go of paperback books, old magazines, National Geographic magazines, cookbooks and anything that’s covered in dust which is nature’s way of validating that you are not using these items.
Once again, I don’t want to overwhelm anyone with a lengthy list. Pick one and see how you do. Remember that 15 minutes is a good amount of time for starters. Better to want to come back for more than quit by overdoing it the first time.
I’d love to hear what you accomplish before the end of Winter. You’ve got this!!!
|Declutter Challenge Club – Join Today!
|We are a small and cozy community where you can get a healthy dose of support, understanding, guidance and laughter, too.
The Declutter Club is a cost effective way to deal with your ‘stuff’ in a fun and welcoming setting. The daily emails are short and sweet and the twice monthly Zoom calls are on Monday evenings at 7:00 pm for an hour. Each Zoom call features a topic of the evening, followed by discussion, commitments for those craving accountability and BYOC (Bring your own clutter) where everyone works on a stack of papers or photos or whatever they want.
Membership is open to all, you can start today or whenever you want. Would love to see you there! Membership includes the daily emails and the Zoom calls.
If you’re ready to join the Club, sign up HERE.
Please email me if you have any questions or need additional information.
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.