It’s been quite busy in the Aim 4 Order community. There have been a record number of homes that needed to be emptied, which means we’ve seen A LOT of trash and treasures. Here’s a sampling of our recent finds:
- $2,142.37 in loose change (the owner had no idea that all of his many containers of coins equaled this much money!)
- Mass quantities of shoes, clothes, purses and coats — many still with tags — that flooded local donation places around town and many listed on eBay for sale.
- Thousands of back issues of National Geographic, Cooking Light, New Yorker and other magazines, now in recycling unless an interested person or organization was found quickly.
- HATS — from the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s! Now awaiting sale at consignment stores and on eBay.
- MANY old printers, cell phones, computers, e-readers, wire, chargers and power strips, all now in electronic recycling.
- Greeting cards, new, old and free in the mail, along with enough envelopes to stock a Staples aisle.
- Hundreds of wine glasses, mugs, insulated drinking cups with straws, china, vases, Pyrex, Corningware, pots, pans, utensils, woks and every imaginable made-for-TV gadget.
Bottom line is that the majority of items were not being uses, but they were taking up lots of space. I’m guessing that much of this would not have been missed if it had been steadily released over the years.
Take a peek in your closets and cabinets and see what’s merely taking up space. It may not be trash, but it may be a wonderful thing to donate to someone in need! Or how about cashing in some coins? You can go to Coinstar to find your closest kiosk, and Coinstar will not take a fee if you choose an e-card, versus cash back. Many credit unions will also accept coins and not charge a fee.
Meet the Aim 4 Order Family!
Declutter Challenge Club – Join the Fun in 2022!
The Declutter Club is now in its second year and some of our members have signed up again as they are not quite finished with getting through the whole house. We are a small and cozy community where you can get a healthy dose of support, understanding, guidance and laughter, too.
The Declutter Club is a cost effective way to deal with your ‘stuff’ in a fun and welcoming setting. The daily emails are short and sweet and the twice monthly Zoom calls are on Monday evenings at 7:30 pm for an hour.
Membership is open to all, you can start today or whenever you want. Would love to see you there!
If you’re ready to join the Club, sign up HERE.
Please email me if you have any questions or need additional information.
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.