“Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.” — Robert Tew
Wishing you a happy, healthy and rewarding 2023.
And what better way to start off the new year than having your files set up and ready to go! (I’m sure that’s what you’re thinking about as this year quickly closes out).
Here are some suggestions to start your year off on an organized footing. Ready or not, here we go:
- Find a desktop file box or any small file container or box to hold daily papers so they don’t pile up on the surfaces around your home or office.
- Create folders for relevant categories and use the tabs on the folders so you can boldly mark the categories and not waste time guessing which folder has which items. Suggestions include: Taxes 2022 (for the soon to be arriving tax forms), Random contacts (for all the slips of paper that haven’t been recorded in your phone or address book YET), Bills to pay, Loose ends (for unresolved issues that require follow up), and a folder for each member of your home so you can put odds and ends in their folders rather than leave stray papers everywhere. You can add more folders but the trick is to not use this desktop file box as a filing cabinet, but instead use it as an Active Daily Paper Center.
- Shred or recycle old invoices and bills, expired insurance policies, old bank statements, especially if you have an online account, investment literature, generic information from trips, real estate, investments, products that you are ‘over.’ If this part makes you nervous, please email me and I can send you a guideline for paper retention.
- Play detective and go around your home looking for bags and boxes with old papers. If there’s any chance you have the willingness to go through them, even 5 minutes at a time, start now!
- If your desk is a nightmare, spend a little time gutting the area so you can start the year off fresh and clean with space to work.
If any of these ideas cause you stress or strain, consider reaching out for an organizing session with an Aim 4 Order organizer. Our organizers make this stuff fun!
Here’s to enjoying a fabulous 2023, from start to finish!
And by the way…..
We have our first Declutter Club call of the year on Monday, January 2, 2023 at 7 pm (recorded for those who cannot make it). What a great time to join the club – read more below!
Declutter Challenge Club – Join Today!
We are a small and cozy community where you can get a healthy dose of support, understanding, guidance and laughter, too.
The Declutter Club is a cost effective way to deal with your ‘stuff’ in a fun and welcoming setting. The daily emails are short and sweet and the twice monthly Zoom calls are on Monday evenings at 7:30 pm for an hour.
Membership is open to all, you can start today or whenever you want. Would love to see you there! Membership includes the daily emails and Zoom calls.
If you’re ready to join the Club, sign up HERE.
Please email me if you have any questions or need additional information.
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.