“The early bird catches the worm.” – William Camden
Did you know that the early bird catches the worm is a proverb which emphasizes the importance of starting something early to maximize the potential outcome?
Are you willing to be an early bird?
I’d like to think that “early birds” may have a little less stress than the folks who wait until the last minute. I do know that many people find that waiting until the last minute can serve as a great motivator to keep them focused and on task, but can be stressful. There is no right or wrong – but there is a consequence to those who wait too long.
Thinking ahead – the holiday season will be upon us in the blink of an eye. Consider doing some early bird planning by asking yourself these questions:
- Is my house ready for guests? If your answer is yes, you can skip ahead and go read a book or watch TV. If your answer is no, please keep reading.
- Do I know which areas in my home need some attention? Can I come up with a plan and timeline?
- Do I need helpers or get various areas in order. For example, I often hear that people need to remove old furniture or other large items and can’t physically do it without help. There are many haulers in the community and you can find them by asking neighbors or go to local list serves for recommendations.
- Do I need to allocate time per week to dig through piles? If the answer is yes, set a “Start Deadine” for yourself and if you haven’t started by your deadline, ask for help! If family and friends cannot help, contact us – we are happy to help – but again, the early bird catches the worm, so plan ahead.
- Do I want to do some house repairs or painting, etc before the holidays? Now would be the time to line up the professionals.
- If the thought of fixing up my house seems overwhelming, am I willing to ask for a little outside help to see how it feels?
- If getting the house ready is too hard, can I gather with family and friends outside of my house? Better to start calling for reservations now so you have options.
Hoping that this topic is not stress-inducing but more thought-provoking. We are fully staffed at Aim 4 Order and would love to work with you in finding some lasting order and peace. As we’ve been saying for over 19 years, we want to WOW you with our progress!
Declutter Challenge Club – Join Today!
We are a small and cozy community where you can get a healthy dose of support, understanding, guidance and laughter, too.
The Declutter Club is a cost effective way to deal with your ‘stuff’ in a fun and welcoming setting. The daily emails are short and sweet and the twice monthly Zoom calls are on Monday evenings at 7:30 pm for an hour.
Membership is open to all, you can start today or whenever you want. Would love to see you there! Membership includes the daily emails and Zoom calls.
If you’re ready to join the Club, sign up HERE.
Please email me if you have any questions or need additional information.
“Helping Baby Boomers and their Parents Lighten their Loads”
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in your home, contact me. Together, we can transform your home into a happy, tidy place where you can feel at peace. We can also get you ready for your next move… more enjoyably, faster and easier. We specialize in senior moves and helping families find new homes for the things they no longer have room to keep. We can also take care of clearing out homes that need to be listed quickly for resale. Contact me to schedule an appointment.